• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted everything Google

I still have CM7.2 cooper but I am going to flash Moto Droid Razr UI ([ROM][Galaxy Ace] Moto RAZR-UI Rev v7.1 Originally made by[TeamCooper and Neko95] - xda-developers). Should I reflash to stock via Odin? Doesn't say on the thread if it is .ext.
Thinking of installing an OC kernel to get maybe a stable 900MHz, I want to play GTA III on it fairly lag free. Installed Chainfire 3d, and using Nvidia plugin, testing it now.
What features and functions are you suggesting I explore in CM7? I like the ROM, but essentially, as far as I know, was faster, different launcher, different look, but I would rather use stock and have my widgets than go without them.

I take it you have flashed the official CM version right??

Razr is based on official cm7.2, so its ext system only and you can directly flash this over your existing rom. No need to go through stock again.
Try the Blackhawk kernel or Firekernel with OC, both are good.

Have you even taken a look at the CyanogenMod Settings in the settings menu?

Its not like widgets don't work on CM, install whatever you want.

Hey let me know how the nvidia plugin fairs out for you, i never used them.
Also do remember, that razr rom is based on a very early official CM version and it probably has lots of bugs and not that good performance. Read the reviews about it before you flash it.

If you want ICS looks on CM, tryout Apocalypse rom.

Upvote 0
I take it you have flashed the official CM version right??

Razr is based on official cm7.2, so its ext system only and you can directly flash this over your existing rom. No need to go through stock again.
Try the Blackhawk kernel or Firekernel with OC, both are good.

Have you even taken a look at the CyanogenMod Settings in the settings menu?

Its not like widgets don't work on CM, install whatever you want.

Hey let me know how the nvidia plugin fairs out for you, i never used them.
Also do remember, that razr rom is based on a very early official CM version and it probably has lots of bugs and not that good performance. Read the reviews about it before you flash it.

If you want ICS looks on CM, tryout Apocalypse rom.

Yep, flashed directly over.
Went through all the CM settings, fairly nice but nothing I haven't seen before.
Tried using Chainfire3D, but GTA3 kept crashing, so I just flashed the Razr ROM instead.
The biggest problem with CM7 is that I cannot load widgets onto the home screen. If I do go into widgets it only shows the standard ones (notification bar, clock etc.). Doesn't detect Facebook or Poweramp or the others. I used the notification bar widget but it nearly always said 'problem loading widget'.
Also, I was using ADWlauncherEX because of the 4D app drawer, and it often conflicts with the standard ADWlauncher. It often switches between them, and EX crashes often.
Was using Razr ROM but didn't like it all that much. It was much slower, and the look wasn't the best. I deleted some unnecessary system files such as the Talk.apk, the standard music player and such, but the phone refused to boot after that.
Checking out Apocalypse now, looks nice but I don't think I'll go for it. I'm looking for a bloatware-free, performance ROM. The search continues.

Upvote 0
Get the gapps from the CM7 section, its the same file for ldpi, mdpi and hdpi phones, so no problem in deciding. You can actually flash any(old/latest) version and then update them via play store.
There are 2 latest CM versions for ACE(cooper), official and unofficial, for official there is a thread here by PJ147, the download link for latest nightly can be found there, there is also an unofficial version by vo-1 at xda, i am currently using a modified version of that, everything works in that, i am not sure about the known bugs in the official version.

The CM team brought us CM7.2 quite late and its development is also quite slow, by the time the first nightly came, the developers at xda already had an unofficial CM7 fully working. It still works better than the official version.

Take a look at both of them, there are many things/features that work in the unofficial CM and not in the official CM.

Development seems to have completely stopped now as well, I noticed once it hit RC1, they rushed it to stable and I seen features were been removed (I assume they were broken and was quicker to remove than fix) including the integrated CM BLN support which coolya said he would add again after stable. But now development from what I see is dead on CM7.2 since it went stable.

I am curious if these unofficial builds that were not based on the official ace version are only for 7.1 or also 7.2? eg. vo-1's build was based on the official but he made patches and such to fix issues he found. However his last build was a poor one, I dont know if he rushed because he lost motivation or if its due to newer CM7.2 sources been buggy not sure.

For me the best CM build is vo1's 30 may build.

Upvote 0
Development seems to have completely stopped now as well, I noticed once it hit RC1, they rushed it to stable and I seen features were been removed (I assume they were broken and was quicker to remove than fix) including the integrated CM BLN support which coolya said he would add again after stable. But now development from what I see is dead on CM7.2 since it went stable.

I am curious if these unofficial builds that were not based on the official ace version are only for 7.1 or also 7.2? eg. vo-1's build was based on the official but he made patches and such to fix issues he found. However his last build was a poor one, I dont know if he rushed because he lost motivation or if its due to newer CM7.2 sources been buggy not sure.

For me the best CM build is vo1's 30 may build.

Although i never tried the official version myself but the reviews and bug reports were enough to keep me away from it, i have always used the unofficial version and it hasn't disappointed me yet.
I don't think CM is even serious about ACE anymore, that so called stable version was even worse than the nightly, i mean at the rate the unofficial builds have progressed, they should have been able to release a stable official build very quickly, but its development is way too slow.

Oh no, the unofficial builds were actually made directly from the CM sources by Grif and Behradh in early september, 2011, ans those were 7.1, after that someone updated them to 7.2 and so on people have been developing them, debugging and enhancing them as a result we have a stable and fully working unofficial CM7.2 now.
Its actually quite impressive the development has gone in CM unofficial.

After so long, i have read that the official version is finally made some good progress and the performance is quite better now, should be nice to try it now.

I am using Apocalypse based on vo-1's 31st may build, and its quite good, can't say about the 30 may build, haven't tried it.

Upvote 0
Yep, flashed directly over.
Went through all the CM settings, fairly nice but nothing I haven't seen before.
Tried using Chainfire3D, but GTA3 kept crashing, so I just flashed the Razr ROM instead.
The biggest problem with CM7 is that I cannot load widgets onto the home screen. If I do go into widgets it only shows the standard ones (notification bar, clock etc.). Doesn't detect Facebook or Poweramp or the others. I used the notification bar widget but it nearly always said 'problem loading widget'.
Also, I was using ADWlauncherEX because of the 4D app drawer, and it often conflicts with the standard ADWlauncher. It often switches between them, and EX crashes often.
Was using Razr ROM but didn't like it all that much. It was much slower, and the look wasn't the best. I deleted some unnecessary system files such as the Talk.apk, the standard music player and such, but the phone refused to boot after that.
Checking out Apocalypse now, looks nice but I don't think I'll go for it. I'm looking for a bloatware-free, performance ROM. The search continues.

Dude i don't think GTA 3 is properly supported for ace, even though the play store says its compatible, the reviews are really terrible on ACE.
I told you RAZR is old man..:p:D

First of all, put your widget apps in the internal memory only, that will make sure you don't get 'Problem Loading Widget'. I don't think FB has a widget, i never seen it in CM, although poweramp widget i am already using, runs fine. Try changing your launcher, might be due to that,
Be careful in what app you remove from system mate, don't make the same mistakes again. Always have a cwm backup before you think of meddling with the /system.:p

Secondly, don't try to get high graphics apps to run smoothly on ace, this device doesn't have a good GPU for that.

Thirdly, CM don't have bloatware, those are google apps that you are referring, use a barebones rom if you want performance and no stupid useless apps in it.
I would recommend you switch over to unofficial CM roms, mainly vo-1's builds.
There is a barebones version of Apocalypse too.
There are many barebones roms that you can try. Look for roms claiming speed and performance, and you'll get it with a decrease in battery life. :D

Upvote 0
Dude i don't think GTA 3 is properly supported for ace, even though the play store says its compatible, the reviews are really terrible on ACE.
I told you RAZR is old man..:p:D

First of all, put your widget apps in the internal memory only, that will make sure you don't get 'Problem Loading Widget'. I don't think FB has a widget, i never seen it in CM, although poweramp widget i am already using, runs fine. Try changing your launcher, might be due to that,
Be careful in what app you remove from system mate, don't make the same mistakes again. Always have a cwm backup before you think of meddling with the /system.:p

Secondly, don't try to get high graphics apps to run smoothly on ace, this device doesn't have a good GPU for that.

Thirdly, CM don't have bloatware, those are google apps that you are referring, use a barebones rom if you want performance and no stupid useless apps in it.
I would recommend you switch over to unofficial CM roms, mainly vo-1's builds.
There is a barebones version of Apocalypse too.
There are many barebones roms that you can try. Look for roms claiming speed and performance, and you'll get it with a decrease in battery life. :D

Hey, I looked for some performance/barebones ROMs, found Ace Of Spades v3. I am fairly happy with this, everything works, except I have to install ADW EX and delete the bloatware. I always keep a CWM backup handy :)
Might try flash over to AOS v4 today. The thread is written in Spanish but I assume the ROM is fine.
Currently deleting the cursed bloatware from AOSv3, it's based on CM7.
I had GTA 3 running fairly smoothly before without Chanfire3d, so it does work to a certain extent.
Will keep you updated :D I'm extremely glad I didn't buy an iPhone instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones