1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Deleted files restored for no reason

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Onlymes, May 19, 2017.

1. Onlymes

Onlymes New Member

May 19, 2017
    So i restarted my s8+ cuz 4g wasn't working for no reason... after restaring i noticed some of the deleted files were restored and new files like picture and videos were gone. What is going on????

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Without even knowing what sort of files you are talking about that's impossible to answer. Though a simple reboot certainly shouldn't remove any files.

Just to be sure, where were you storing these files: on the device or on removable storage? Were any synced with any cloud service (check, there may be cloud services enabled by default)? And if they are stored on a removable card, is it a new one and are you certain it is what it's supposed to be (there are a lot of fakes out there)?

I don't have an answer, those are just a few things that come to mind.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  3. Onlymes

Onlymes New Member

May 19, 2017

Deleted files were like videos and pictures and i saved them in internal storage... i deleted them like week ago and they just showed up again after i restarted my phone due to 4g not working properly. And i disabled all the photo/video sync

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Check your Google and/or Samsung Cloud backup and restore settings. Oops! I just noticed that Hadron had already identified this potential problem.