• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted framework-res.apk

mnkysgomoo

Lurker
Sep 23, 2013
I deleted my framework-res.apk file trying to replace it with another one and then nothing would work on my phone. I took the battery out to reset it and now it gets stuck at the boot logo. I hard reset the phone but it still gets stuck at the logo. I can't get into the s/w mode either. I do not have CWM installed so I can't flash a rom from zip. Is there anyway I can fix my phone? Thanks

Reactions: chriz027
Have you tried any of these methods to enter Download mode without any USB plugged in?

- Insert battery, then press and hold Vol+ and Vol-, then press and hold power. hold all 3 for 5 seconds
- Press and hold Vol+/Vol-, Insert Battery, hold power. hold all 3 for 5 seconds
- Press and hold Vol+/Vol-, hold power, Insert Battery

Upvote 0
None of these combinations work. The only screen I can access is the battery charging and the boot up logo. Is there a way I can install firmware while it is detected in MTP mode? I know this is the media but can I force it into software mode from my computer?

As far as I know, it's necessary to get the phone on download mode so the internal memory is accessible. I've no idea why no button combination isn't working for you. After doing much research since you first started the thread, I truly haven't found any method to bypass download mode or re-install a stock ROM without a recovery partition installed... other than phone-specific methods, but many of those still required phone-specific software.

I'd like to know if there is an answer to this myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones