• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleted Music folder from SD card, Music player apps glitchy.

silentecho13

Feb 15, 2011
I have an Atrix 4G along with a Sandisk 32gb microsdhc card.

I used doubletwist to sync about 16gb of music to my card, but it was getting glitchy. Playlists wouldn't update, and playlists would duplicate themselves.

I went and deleted all my music from the card so I can use a different solution such as songbird or tunesync.

Now, all my music apps still show 2000+ songs that don't play at all (audio format is not supported).

Even if I go to the alarm/clock app and set a MP3 alarm, all my songs are still scrollable on the list (but none of them will load, naturally)

How can I get rid of the cache'd music/playlists/etc from my phone and start syncing music fresh?

Anyone have a better syncing solution (wifi preferably)?

I'm using Mac OSX and iTunes 10.

-Thank you

First, if your music was purchased through itunes, it wont work on android, as it has drm in every track. Second, where did you buy the card from? If you got it from ebay, it's likely a fake card, which is why you are running into problems.

None of my music is from the iTunes store, not a single bit of DRM on any track.

As for my card, I bought it from a local Micro Center. They had one left in stock and I was lucky enough to get it on the Atrix's launch day lol

Upvote 0
The same thing is happening to me. However it is more than just music, if I go look in the gallery I have every graphic that has even been stored on this phone in the All Pictures view.

Also, the Gallery has a grouping called Folders where there is a folder for all of these images.

One of the folders is called Download (as opposed to downloads which is on the SD card).

I have access to the entire phone through ASTRO and I do not see any of these fodlers or images anywhere.

I really would like to clean this up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones