• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleted my OS in my samsung note 3 SM-N900

chelsea_21

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
3 months ago i flashed a custom rom for the first time on my note 3 SM-N900(MagMa_NX_VX1_XDA_N900), it worked perfectly fine, i had no problems. Now for a week i was facing battery issues, so i changed the battery and everything went normal, but i read somewhere to reset your phone after replacing a battery for better performance. So me being a dumb guy, went into TWRP, and reseted and deleted EVERYTHING. So there is no OS for my phone. I have TWRP installed, so i can access that, i also have an SD card. So i tried reinstalling the rom(Downloading the rom on my laptop and transferring to SD card, very slow process), but it failed, saying my file is corrupt and missing md5 file. I tried installing the orginal os(image) through odin, but i feel iam doing something wrong there(The device doesnt restart and odin doesnt say pass). PLEASE HELP ME, WOULD BE GREATLY APPERCIATED...

P.S Solutions in step by step please, iam not a proffesional at this.. PLEASE HELP

It's been a bit since messing with ODIN.
Looking at sammobile, I think I see your model but just wanted to be sure as I was seeing this:
Capture.PNG

If it is indeed the SM-N900, then I see a bunch of other countries/carriers here:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-note3/SM-N900/

Upvote 0
Try flashing a valid stock ROM and get your Note 3 working again. Flashing a stock, Samsung will install a clean, unrooted Android OS, along with a stock Recovery so after you get your Note restored to a functional state again you'll need to go through the root process again. Go here to download the appropriate ROM:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=note+3+SM-N900&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100
Be sure to choose the ROM that matches your carrier, don't mix and match. Stock ROMs are very specific and not interchangeable.
Read through this guide for step-by-step instructions on the flashing process:
https://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin

Upvote 0
Regarding sammobile or updato, both are good sources for valid, verified stock Samsung ROMs. One thing to keep in mind when using sammobile is unless you sign up with an account with them, the downloads will take a very, very long time. They intentionally restrict bandwidth from their download servers for non-users.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Regarding sammobile or updato, both are good sources for valid, verified stock Samsung ROMs. One thing to keep in mind when using sammobile is unless you sign up with an account with them, the downloads will take a very, very long time. They intentionally restrict bandwidth from their download servers for non-users.
Yes, i have started downloading but its gonna take some time, willl keep you posted, thank you so much for replying

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones