• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

deleted my root file!! HELP

androidtp

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2009
Houston, Texas
Tatonka hero..mysticmead..330d..jb in az..joehunni..anyone!!

plz help..

my root file is gone from my sd card due to accidently deleting it..is it possible to have anyone send me the file again or would i have to root my phone all over again??

NONE of my root apps are working..cachemate..autokiller..etc :(:thinking::(:thinking:

what root file are you talking about? There shouldn't be any file on the card that has any effect on how the phone runs. You can format the card, and apps will automatically put their required folders on the card.

#1 thing, have you tried rebooting?

This.

You can put in a new SD card and it would not change your root status.

Have you made any other changes to the phone recently?

Upvote 0
hmm..i think what me and joehunni just discussed was the answer..tatonka was correct as well since i'm assuming there isn't anything within the card that could mess up your root files..

for some reason..when restoring darch's 2.7 rom it removes the root status..not sure why but i'm gonna reflash it..that should fix it. now i just gotta go through the hassle of configuring my settings again. thx everyone

hopefully if this happens to anyone here then this thread secures the fix

Upvote 0
hmm..i think what me and joehunni just discussed was the answer..tatonka was correct as well since i'm assuming there isn't anything within the card that could mess up your root files..

for some reason..when restoring darch's 2.7 rom it removes the root status..not sure why but i'm gonna reflash it..that should fix it. now i just gotta go through the hassle of configuring my settings again. thx everyone

hopefully if this happens to anyone here then this thread secures the fix

I wonder if it just cleared your superuser permissions, and something in it is a bit buggy at asking you for permission when you start a new app that requires superuser permission...or something like that lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones