• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted my system :(

Ok, went through the roms at xda and once I got several pages in there were a few here and there for 4.0.4 ICS. A few of them were stock based but there were warnings to only use on a particular build and I just don't know what this device is precisely running. Several of the other roms I came across were CM9 kangs.

So with that said Blacklablelive, I am going to post what I would do if it were my device. That said, it is NOT my device. ;)

So you can give it a shot at your own discretion. Or you can ask around and get more opinions here or elsewhere. I would use the Rootz link:

[ROM][TF300T][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies - TF300 Development - RootzWiki

I would scroll down to the link for Google Apps and download it to my PC's desktop, and check the MD5. I would then click the link just under that for "Nightlies" which will bring up a list of downloads. I'd then scroll down to the one posted on 8-29-2012 since that is CM9 stable. I would download that to my PC's desktop and check the MD5.

Now try your usual routine or whatever means are necessary to get both of those files, still fully zipped of course, onto your device's sdcard. Once you have that accomplished, go into clockwork and wipe data/factory reset, wipe the cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache.

Then install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and find the CM9 rom(zip) and proceed with the install. Directly after that is finished, again choose to install a zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, find and locate the Gapps (zip) and install it. Once that is done, reboot to system and be patient. Up to 10 minutes minimum, maybe longer since the initial bootup after a full wipe and rom flash can take awhile. With any luck, you now at least have a booting device.

Upvote 0
to jhawkkw
installing the firmware from asus was wat worked.no brick.and sure anuff..it went from no system to working with jb

Interesting, because on the TF201, there were multiple reports of people hard bricking their device after installing asus blob files after bootloader unlock; granted that it happened with ICS blobs. Maybe they fixed it on JB or on the 300/700.

Either way, I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Enjoy having your tablet functional again. :)

Reactions: Blacklablelive
Upvote 0
to jhawkkw
installing the firmware from asus was wat worked.no brick.and sure anuff..it went from no system to working with jb

Cool! Have to admit I was in jhawkkw's corner on that one. We must have been reading the same sites because I saw some bad stories as well. Very glad it worked out, congrats man!

edit: went into twrp? Maybe installed a JB rom? Ah who cares, it's up and running lol.

Reactions: Blacklablelive
Upvote 0
Blacklablelive, If you decide to flash a custom ROM, I recommend ParanoidAndroid. I'm running it and it's very stable. I'm also running the overclocked Untermensch kernel found in that same thread. It will clock up to 1.7GHz. I'm running mine at 1.5. Here is the link for it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1971806

EDIT:!!!

MAKE A BACKUP NOW WITH TWRP. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones