1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleted phone app G2 Mini

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Hugotechno, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hugotechno

Hugotechno Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2014
    I need some serious help with this guys. I wanted to delete some of the stock apps on my g2 mini by using a root app deleter, but i was an idiot, and decided to replace my phone app with exdialer. Now, when i start my phone a red x appears next to empty signal bars, and my phone says service unavailable. when i try to do a backup, the phone says "sim not ready" and i cannot check for updates because the "phone is not registered" What do I do?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you have a nandroid backup (i.e. a backup made using a custom recovery), go into recovery and restore that.

Otherwise you either need to find the original app and reinstall it or else flash a new ROM (either official software or a custom ROM). Unfortunately all of this stuff is specific to the phone, and I know nothing about this model. We do have a G2 Mini forum, but to say it's not a very active place would be a severe understatement.

3. Hugotechno

Hugotechno Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2014
    I can't find the stock apk for the app anywhere, and I tried to download the stock phone app on vanilla android, but it wouldn't install. I could try to unlock my bootloader and flash a custom rom, but I don't think you can do that with a mac at hand. If you have any tips on how to unlock the bootloader, I would be glad to hear. after that, i will try to flash a recovery.