1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleted phone numbers.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sar050680, Dec 30, 2012.

1. sar050680

sar050680 Newbie

Hi guys, I have all my numbers stored with Google on both my partners and my phones, she'sjust had a brainwave and deleted all my numbers off her phone thereby ddeleting numbers off my phone too. I have tried re syncing Google but don't really know what I'm doing. It didn't work whatever I did anyways.

Can anyone help me get my numbers back please.

Paul. :-(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

If they were on her phone and she deleted them it would of deleted them on Googles server which would of deleted them on your phone. unless you have a backup somewhere there is no way to retrieve them. Do you have a backup?

sar050680 likes this.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I'm not sure who your carrier is but like at&t I can go online and look at some of my past calls/text. From their I would sent out text messages to each one stating I lost my contacts. Who is this?

davidmanvell and sar050680 like this.
  4. sar050680

sar050680 Newbie

Thanks for the replies, I don't have back up anywhere, I could strangle her.... My carrier is tmobile, in the UK, I'm gonna do online and look for that now, and cheers guys.

5. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

If you launch Gmail on your computer and then press on the "Gmail" pull-down tab near the top-left of the screen, you'll see that you can select "Contacts". Once you've done that, pull-down the "More" tab, which will show several options including "Restore contacts..."

This is your salvation! The help text you'll see is as follows, and it's all very straightforward for you to get your contacts back.

"You can restore your contact list to the state that it was in at any point within the past 30 days. This is a great way to recover deleted contacts, undo an import or undo a merge."

davidmanvell likes this.
  6. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

A couple of years ago, I decided that cloud storage was a great concept whose time was yet to come... so many issues regarding cheap, always-available access to online services. I have to say, however, since I got my first Android phone, I find myself using it, and relying on it, more and more. This is a prime example of its benefits!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews