1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Deleted photos on android-need them back!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smithy9, Oct 16, 2013.

1. smithy9

smithy9 New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    hey everybody,

i went out partying last weekend and my girl deleted the WHOLE album on my samsung S4.

Can anyone help me, what to do to get them back?!? I didint make much photos since then, cause i dont want to rewite the space on my internal memory.

thanky you for your answers....

Joe

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums. I moved your question to the forum where your phone is discussed.

... Thom

smithy9 likes this.
  3. jj14x

jj14x Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Sorry to hear of your loss - Not sure if there are options available - hopefully other folks will chime in.

I assume you didn't have your photos being auto backed up to google+ or dropbox or another backup site like that?

4. march99

march99 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Movie extra....I hurry up and wait
    WLA, CA
    Someone on this board mentioned "Recuva". Look it up. I've never tried it myself but I heard good things about it.

smithy9 likes this.
  5. smithy9

smithy9 New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    I managed to "root" my telephone and instal a disk digger....
    I got back around 20 % of my photos all the others were clips pictures when i was using internet...:D

so if you delete your photos you shouldnt check web content as well!!!

thanks for your answer,

rgs, smithy :)))

6. Rockman

Rockman Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Male
    I use a program called File Scavenger by Quetek. Its not real cheap, a license is 39.95, but its definitely worth it. Recently I shot about 250 pictures at pool party in the Philippines and thought I copied them over to my computer. I didn't and reformatted my memory card. I ended shooting with the card again. Even after all that I got back better than 90 percent of my pictures. Great software..

7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    One solution to prevent a recurrence is to have Dropbox automatically upload the photos. I have mine setup to only upload over wi-fi, so there is typically a period of time before new photos will upload if I'm not at home or the office.

8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    This ^.

That is exactly what I do. Dropsync automatically moves my pictures, screenshots, and a few other things directly to my Dropbox account (which goes directly to my PC hard drive) as soon as I take them, then deletes them from my phone to keep space open.