• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted Pics from internal memory. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nabi11

Lurker
Jul 4, 2013
Dear Friends,

I have through sheer stupidity on my part, accidently deleted some very precious pictures that were very dear to my heart from the internal memory of my new Galaxy S4.

Being the newb that I am, I did enough research to realize that I had to root my phone inorder to have any chance of recovery. I have successfully rooted the phone now.

I have also downloaded several photo recovery tools.

The problem is that despite all my best efforts, my laptop (DELL, running Windows 7) is not picking up my phone as a letter drive (g: h: j: etc.)

Can someone please help me in this situation. I have searched the web high and wide and there is no help to be found with this specific problem.

many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

kind regards,

Nabi

Long shot, but by any chance, did you have google plus or dropbox set up to auto-upload your pictures? If so, you could recover it from there. If not, you should at least set it up now (for future)

Google plus instant upload gives you unlimited storage (if you don't upload full size, and are willing to compress the pictures)
Dropbox should have given you 50GB bonus when you sign in using your S4.

Regarding your question about drive letter - Android moved away from USB mass storage mode to MTP with ICS. That's why you don't see the drive letter (but are still able to transfer data between PC and phone).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones