1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

deleted preinstalled kindle.apk - can't install jellybean leak - how can i recover?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by venimdenim, Jan 4, 2013.

1. venimdenim

venimdenim Lurker

Before I knew unistalling pre-installed apps was a no-no, I unistalled the amazon kindle app. Now I can't install the jellybean leaked update in recovery mode: "apply update from external storage" (Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US)

I keep getting an error message when verifying current system:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Kindle.apk" ... followed by a bunch of random letters and numbers)
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

I am currently running 211, I just need to recover the kindle.apk. I was able to install Jellybean on a friend's Razr Maxx, as he had never messed with the preinstalled apps. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

3. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Restoring your system by using this method will also give you an opportunity to start over fresh, without a bunch of fragmented code laying around. I recommend using it, and make sure you use the voodoo rootkeeper if you're rooted. There is NO KNOWN method of rooting this otherwise, and you can NOT return to .211 after this takes.
    There is a step-by-step instruction set for doing this on droidrzr.com Jellybean Rolling Out for the Original Verizon DROID RAZR! **How to Keep Root** - DroidRzr.com
    Please, whatever you do. Read the instructions, understand them and make sure you go through the posts on that thread to see what you might be in for before you make the jump. I am running this and have no regrets, but I did lose root temporarily and had to figure out a workaround. Good luck!

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews