1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleted Samsung Hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nick63, Dec 22, 2014.

1. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Hello,
    I'm new here so forgive me if I sound ********. I actually wish I found this site before rushing into rooting my phone.
    The whole rooting process went ok. I used towelroot, supersu, Titanium backup, terminal emulator, etc. The problem is I never backed up after I started deleting everything. I didn't know that deleting the whole hub would get rid of my screen rotate. I've tried factory resetting but it keeps booting into safestrap. I've even tried unrooting to reinstall samsung hub but didn't work.
    At this point I don't think I care about having a rooted or unrooted phone. I just want my screen rotation back.
    Thanks for the help and sorry this is my first post.
    Nick

Advertisement

2. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    I really didn't curse.. I promise

3. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2008
    Male
    Senior software developer
    UK
  4. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    I've been on there multiple time to that exact thread. For some reason their site doesn't function properly on any phone that I have. Not only doesn't their site work well, they speak like I was born into programming. It's like me telling someone who doesn't know about cars to replace that broken timing belt on that variable valve timing engine..
    I was looking for a more step by step..
    Thanks
    Nick

5. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    I just went on there again and it crashed the Internet. I could write the file down and type it in manually. When it comes to changing permissions and pasting it here and open this file here I don't know what they are talking about. That's one of the things I needed help with. Or at least know how to delete safestrap and every other root app and factory reset this phone. I've only had this phone for a day anyway so I don't care what I lose

6. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    One other question. If I install a new custom rom into a different slot, will I get that hub back?

7. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Well I extracted the file but where is sys lib in root explorer?

8. nick63

nick63 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    OK so it took me about 3 hours to figure it out. There are videos on everything but this it seems.
    The beginners way of doing this is as follows.
    1. Down load root explorer(most likely have it already if rooted)
    2. Type this in your url line:
    "Libgnustl_shared.so download"
    2b. Youll find it randomly on a site or in an article. Usually its a link for the zip file. Down load that to your device.
    3. Open the file after downloaded. Its will open in your root explorer or whatever file manager you have. Extract it right in there. Keep opening file folders until you cant go any further. I clicked on the file (checked it) and went to the menu and there was an option to copy. Copy it. When you copy it, youll see "move here". Dont click anything else.
    4. Keep clicking "parent file" and go all the way back to the beginning until there are no more parent files. (It should still say "move here" on the bottom left of your screen)
    5. Scroll down the list of files and folders and find "System" NOT "sys". Open that folder
    6. Scroll down and find the "lib" folder open that. ("Move here" should still be there)
    7. Once youre in that folder click the "Move here" button. It will ask you for permissions. I just hit OK. It looks like nothing happened but go all the way back out again and reboot your device.
    8. When my device rebooted i checked the internet. Autorotate now works.
    9. I rebooted the device again and booted into safestrap and backed this up as my stock rom.

If anyone can make this clearer please feel free. Im on day 2 of my first rooted phone. Thanks for the help also!!

9. sbirdzell

sbirdzell Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2014
    Male
  10. sbirdzell

sbirdzell Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2014
    Male