• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleted text message stay on the phone!!

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2010
Go into your phone contacts and pick a contact you have texted. On the open field below the contact, slide to the right and you will see a list of every text message you have sent and received from that person even if you deleted the messages!!!

:eek::eek:

Delete contact and re-enter the contact.

Supposedly to be fixed with an update????

Un-frickenbelievable!!!

Some of the crap and goofy stuff I tell my friends, I don't want on the phone.

I think this has been addressed with the release of, well, the leak of 2.2 - I've deleted a sms I received AFTER my update and its not there anymore.

I thought this was a typical droid thing coming from RIM. If the sms/mms isn't from a contact it won't be there but you are correct, the only way to remove any thread of lines is to delete and add that contact again, which would probably be a good thing to do after the update - all those smss building up has to take up some space anyway.

But like I mentioned above, I've deleted 2 smss so far, that are contacts and they are not in the "left" contact screen anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones