1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Deleting ALL contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Groundpounder, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Male
    Pilot
    Concord NH
    Does anyone know how to delete ALL the contacts at once in my DX? I accidentally used VZW Backup Assistant vs just synching with GoogleMail, and I have a ton of contacts I didn't want. I figured it would be easiest to just delete everything from the phone, then just run a Gmail sync and be done with it.

Advertisement

2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    There are some apps in The Market that will delete contacts (Contact Remover, Delete Contacts).

Since you want to get rid of all your contacts and resync, I would just go to HomeScreen, Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Contacts Storage->Clear Data

Then you can either allow the phone to resync, or force it, by going to HomeScreen, Menu->Settings->Accounts&Sync->Google->Sync Now

3. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Male
    Pilot
    Concord NH
    Thank you! I downloaded one of those apps, and it worked great....but.....

I went to synch with gmail, and it goes through the process, but then I don't have any contacts in my contact list. I forced it manually as well, no luck.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Make sure that all of your gMail contacts are in the group My Contacts. I think that only that group is synched with your phone. On your PC, you can do a select all contacts, then assign them all to the My Contacts group.

Then make sure that in the People app on your phone, you are displaying the Google contacts (People->menu->View->Google)