1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleting an Google business email from my phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jackelope, May 11, 2016.

1. Jackelope

Jackelope Lurker
    None

May 11, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

A former company I worked for used the Google platform, including running their company email through Google. It was convenient when I was with them, as it made it very easy to access items from work on my phone including email.

Now that I'm no longer with them, however, I am stuck. My phone shows this little exclamation point in notifications telling me that account action is required. Unfortunately, since my work password is no longer valid my phone will not allow me to remove the work account. Does anyone know if a work around?

I have logged into my desk top browser and dented the account there, but I still have this error message on my phone.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

You should be able to back up all of your data and do a factory data reset. Then only sync back your own account. You should set screen lock to none/swipe before the reset in case your work account is the primary account because otherwise Factory Reset Protection will require you to log into the account before enabling the phone. (And you do not have the password)

You may want to check what I have said for yourself because if you get this wrong your phone could become useless!