• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting an Google business email from my phone

Jackelope

Lurker
May 11, 2016
Hi,

A former company I worked for used the Google platform, including running their company email through Google. It was convenient when I was with them, as it made it very easy to access items from work on my phone including email.

Now that I'm no longer with them, however, I am stuck. My phone shows this little exclamation point in notifications telling me that account action is required. Unfortunately, since my work password is no longer valid my phone will not allow me to remove the work account. Does anyone know if a work around?

I have logged into my desk top browser and dented the account there, but I still have this error message on my phone.

Hi

You should be able to back up all of your data and do a factory data reset. Then only sync back your own account. You should set screen lock to none/swipe before the reset in case your work account is the primary account because otherwise Factory Reset Protection will require you to log into the account before enabling the phone. (And you do not have the password)

You may want to check what I have said for yourself because if you get this wrong your phone could become useless!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones