• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting contacts Not listed

elkndeer

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
I know the heading sounds a bit funny but I downloaded yahoo messenger for my phone and I didnt like it so I deleted the app but the contacts apparently stayed on the phone even after it was deleted but they dont show up on my contacts list but only when I go to dial a number then the yahoo ID pops up if the number im dialing is similar to the contact. How do I delete these off my phone?

I know the heading sounds a bit funny but I downloaded yahoo messenger for my phone and I didnt like it so I deleted the app but the contacts apparently stayed on the phone even after it was deleted but they dont show up on my contacts list but only when I go to dial a number then the yahoo ID pops up if the number im dialing is similar to the contact. How do I delete these off my phone?

Have you rebooted since removing the app? If so, one thing you could try is to reinstall app and see if it has a way of blocking the contacts sync - it might then delete the currently synced contacts.

Another option after reinstalling it would be to go to settings --> applications and pressing clear cache and / or clear data buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones