1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Deleting contents of LOST.DIR ?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TheZuke, Feb 14, 2014.

1. TheZuke

TheZuke Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    SE Minnesota
    Hello, My tablet (Stealth Trio Pro 9.7 ICS) has a LOST.DIR file. (Yes, I know what LOST.DIR is for...) When I open LOST.DIR in file manager, it produces a blank page with various Icon Tabs along the top (icons for USB, SD card, photo?, movie?, wrench, sheet of paper, and hard drive? or is that supposed to be and MP3 player?) When I open the "photo" tab, in addition to pictures from the tablets camera and Doodling app, are DOZENS of low res photographs (all around 21 K in size) that must have been there when the OS was installed. For instance, "06dd6c16.png" which is a picture of the faces of a man and woman 21.88 Kb | -rw When I "click" on that picture, the tablet asks which app to view it with, e.g. AndroOpenOffice or Super-HD Player. Holding down on that listing does not give me an option to delete. So, the question is, How do I delete these photos? Do I need a different File Manager app? As my photos are already in there, I don't want to delete them all. Are these photos REALLY IN "LOST.DIR"? (as the initial page was blank, so they may be elsewhere?) I'm just getting started with the Android SDK-Eclipse, I have had previous experience with Eclipse, when I took JAVA back in college, but this Android way of doing things is new to me. Thank you for reading this, and if you have some help for me, I'd appreciate you letting me know. TheZuke dona nobis pacem And WHY did this posting software eat all my carriage returns?

Advertisement

2. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Just delete the whole folder, it's nothing. I think it's to to with temporary trashes when hooking up to PC... or something llke that. It's a temp folder that usually gets recreated anyway.

TheZuke likes this.
  3. TheZuke

TheZuke Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    SE Minnesota
    So, I'm thinking these photos are not on my SD Card. In fact, when I thought I was transferring apps to the SD card, apparently they were just moved to secondary memory, but not the SD card. Is there a equivalent to the *nix "find" command, that I could run to search the entire directory tree for one of these .png's? Then when I find out where one of them is kept, I might find the others...

TheZuke
    dona nobis pacem