• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting E-mails off server

So I've scoured through other threads and haven't been able to find the answer I'd hope for.

I have an LG Optimus and I have my yahoo email set up. Before, I used to delete e-mails on my phone and it would delete on the server. But I changed my password and updated it on my phone. Now, when I delete e-mails on my phone, it stays on the server when I check behind a computer. Also, if I delete an e-mail without reading it, my phone will still say there's new e-mails, when there's none to physically check on the phone. That can get annoying.

Not sure what setting I changed by just changing the password, but I'm hoping you great people could help me get my settings back to the way they were.

I've read responses where people say it's better to save everything on the server anyway, or to use the K9 app. But I know for a fact that this method is possible because that's how I used to have it and I'd like to go back to those golden days.

Any words of wisdom would be great. Thanks for your help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones