1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleting emails on phone and server?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Taitia, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Taitia

Taitia Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Finance
    Maryland
    I checked all the posts for this question and am hoping what I'm reading isn't true. I just got a Fascinate yesterday (was a former Blackberry user) and was wondering if there was an option to delete emails from either or / both the phone and/or email?

Blackberry used to have a sync option that when you selected "Delete" it asked if you wanted to:

• Delete from handheld device
    • Delete from pc
    • Delete from handheld and pc
    Does the Fascinate have this option? If so, where can I find it?

To clarify, I have a GMail account but don't use it as my primary email, if at all. I have a personal Comcast account and a work email.
    Thanks!

Advertisement

2. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    It depends on what type of account. IMAP and Exchange accounts are sync'd meaning you delete on the phone, it deletes on the server and vise-versa. For pop accounts, there is the option that if you delete from the phone that it leaves the message on the server. (Account settings/incoming server/Delete email from server)

3. Taitia

Taitia Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Finance
    Maryland
    When I'm in my Incoming Server settings, the Comcast account "Delete email from server" options are Never and When I Delete From Inbox.

So looks like I don't have an option to delete from phone, but leave it on the server.

Bummer.