• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

deleting emails problem

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

When I delete specific emails on my LG Optimus F3, I don't necessarily want them to be deleted on my email account. On my former iPhone I was able to delete them from my phone but they would stay active on my email account. I just want them deleted from my Android phone. How can I accomplish this?

OK, I went into my email general settings and saw that my incoming emailbox type is an IMAP4. Since this is shaded, I am not able to click on it and make a change to POP3. I then deleted the whole account to start over and as soon as I put in my email addy and PW, all the previous settings(shown before) all showed back again- including the IMAP4 emailbox type. Anyway to work around this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones