• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting emails...

samie

Lurker
May 23, 2011
uk
I am a little confused....lol
I have been deleting my emails sometimes when i get them other times when i have a few that need to go. Now this has been working fine until today!!
I have done nothing different but i can delete the email to find if i receive another the ones i deleted have reappeared....lol
Have i done something silly and not noticed??????

Thanks Sam :)

Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try - here goes...

I assume you're using the HTC email client (as opposed to the Gmail one)?
When you delete an email, it doesn't actually delete it but moves it to the 'Trash' folder. If you've never emptied this, you may be running into some sort file number/size limitation for that folder.

When in your inbox, Menu-> Folders -> Trash; Menu -> Delete; Menu -> Mark All -> Delete

On completion your inbox will also appear empty but I think it just takes a while to sort out it's database after deleting a large quantity of emails - they should reappear after a minute or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones