1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Deleting gmail on computer results in new mail notification on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StaggerLee, Sep 16, 2011.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member
    None

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    Need some help here. Every time I delete a new email in my gmail account from my computer, I get a new email notification on my phone. It's driving me nuts! I've tried clearing data and the cache in the gmail app but nothing works. This is a fairly new occurence but its been consistent.

I want to get the notification when I receive a new gmail, but NOT everytime I delete a gmail!

Thoughts?

Advertisement

2. StaggerLee

None

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    I did a search on google and I'm not the only one this is happening to. Like me, this is a fairly new occurence but no one seems to have a solution. You guys are smart, please help!

3. jayefef

jayefef Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It sounds like this happens to me too. Do you have other unread emails when deleting an email?

4. StaggerLee

None

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    Yeah, I usually have a few in my inbox to remind me to respond. I've always "marked unread" to e-mails I need to respond to but can't at the time for whatever reason. The new e-mail notification thing has only been happening for a month...maybe a little more. I thought it might have to do with the update as a lot of folks are reporting their phones are acting weird.

When I'm at work I don't want it to look like I'm always checking my phone, so I check my e-mails on my computer. I delete e-mails on the computer and my new e-mail notification blows up on my phone. Then I grab the phone thinking I just got a new e-mail, and alas...nothing! Just the notification and it always correseponds to me deleting from the computer...very annoying

5. murphrod

murphrod Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    I've been having the same issue for a few months now. I wish someone could fix this for us.
    Motorola Droid X 2.3.3

6. ochevriot

ochevriot Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Owner and Lead Designer of Intentuous LLC
    Atlanta GA
    Same issue on my Droid X 2.3.3. Every time an email is deleted in my gmail on the browser I receive a new notification on my phone.