1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleting Google contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kingdave, Feb 5, 2011.

1. kingdave

kingdave Android Enthusiast

My DHD is full of multiple contacts and multiple numbers for single contacts and I'm damned if I'm going through each one bad deleting unnecessary data.

Is there a way to sync my phone contacts to Google, delete them on my computer then force the phone to take the contacts from Google online? Or can this be done using Thunderbird or MS Outlook?

Or an app based solution?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert

Go to google.com choose settings in the upper right side. From the drop down hit account settings. choose dashboard under personal settings(you may have to sign in again) then choose manage contacts.

3. Elthorne

Elthorne Newbie

You could just try linking your contacts-then all their information comes up under one entry. A chain symbol should come up when you open a contact-select it and follow the instructions

4. kingdave

kingdave Android Enthusiast

They are already linked, but I want to remove multiple numbers under each entry.

For example "Fred" may have 6 numbers under him, each number is identical and the phone says the source of each number is Google

This all seems to have happened after I did a factory reset (as advised by HTC) to fix the weather widget problems since the Christmas update (and it didn't work!)

5. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

I had this problem, and I couldn't find a way to un-link them and keep just one of the entries. So unfortunately I had to do it manually. All 143 entries..................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews