1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

deleting multiple emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by srojrs, Jun 18, 2011.

1. srojrs

srojrs Lurker
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Group;

I've not been able to delete anything more than a single email at a time since I upgraded to 2.3. Using the stock email client, if you seleted "menu" there was an option for "delete" and the list of messages would display and you could check the ones you wanted to delete and then confirm with the "delete" button. Can't seem to do this anymore. What am I missing here? Is this feature gone?

Advertisement

2. srojrs

srojrs Lurker
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    I sort of missed seeing the check boxes to the left of the messages. Click what you want and hit delete on the menu.

3. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Even better, there is now a setting that allows "delete from phone when deleted from Server". Just leave them alone on the phone until you download them to your pc. Next time you connect with the phone they go away.

4. brsnyder

brsnyder Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    On my 2.3 Evo 4g, the checkboxes are on the right. But in any case, while the list is there with the checkboxes, if you choose Menu again, there are Mark All and Unmark All options. But unless you want to lose everything forever, make sure you have set the option to NOT delete messages from the server when deleting from the phone.

-- Barbara