• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting multiple Gmail messages?

leave them in your inbox and then shuffle them around from a desktop later?

that's pretty much what you have to do with pop email on the g1 if you don't let it delete from the server.

my outlook on phone email is that it's nice to be alerted when you get it and have a chance to read and reply to it, but management of it is still best done in your email app or online on your desktop.

Upvote 0
Nope, I haven't used the iPhone for more than 30 seconds. I do use email constantly, but I work for a company which uses linux mail servers to provide webmail to thousands (millions?) of our customers. We also eat our own dogfood - almost nobody in the company uses outlook for anything, so I'm very used to and actually prefer a competent webmail implementation to just about anything else.

It's amazing to me that I can look back on outlook/exchange or any other dedicated email/calendar/contacts app and realize it's not nearly as 'vital' as everyone thinks it is.

I do have to ask, though, how does apple implement a multi-select interface and finger flick scrolling on the same screen simultaneously? Multi-touch?

Upvote 0
I had a friend show me the mass delete feature in the iPhone this morning and I have to say, there's no reason that same thing shouldn't be in the G1. I'm confident that those kinds of usability tweaks will be coming.

At least I'm not stuck on WinMo any more. MS NEVER works on little usability tweaks like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones