• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting previous searches on App Market

Hi all

My search entries on the App Market are starting to mount. Anyone know how I delete some of my previous searches?

These aren't causing any issues with the phone, I just wanted to tidy them up.

Thanks,

Steve

If the HERO OS acts a bit like the G1 ... you should be able to go into the Settings | Manage Apps and select Market and then Clear Cache ...

Upvote 0
Hi there

Thanks for the response.

Tried this unfortunately it hasn't had the desired result.

Any further suggestions?

TIA,

Steve

Sorry, no, I would have thought that that should have worked ... but I in fact tried the clearing of cache on my G1 ... and it did not clear the previous searches either ... so I have no idea other that It may be a file that would have to be cleared ... and that might require root access rights...

Upvote 0
I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. I'm having the same problem with not being able to clear my searches

This really ticks me off, I have worked on the same issue for weeks. i have even went in and deleted history, cache on every application I could, it deleted everything and all settings in my phone EXCEPT the history of the market!!!

anyone know how to fix this issue yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones