1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleting recipient history

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DavidPula, Aug 14, 2021.

1. DavidPula

DavidPula Lurker

I just don't seem to be able to solve this issue and it's driving me crazy. I've sent dozens of e-mails in the last several days, and although I did delete other contacts on my Gmail profile, it did not work on my phone.

When I click on the option to start writing a new e-mail and type, for example h in the recipient category, all previous recipients starting with h are listed. The same goes with any other letter.

Clearing cache and data on my settings did not work.

So do you have any ideas?

I don't want to factory reset my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DavidPula

DavidPula Lurker

Is there any way to solve this?
    I really don't know.

3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

There is a setting somewhere, but I forget what it is called or where it is.

Let me look when I get back onto a device that still has some Google junk on it.

It may be a setting in G-Mail, or in Contacts, even.

Something called contact search suggestions or similar.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. DavidPula

DavidPula Lurker

Thanks man. I just don't seem to be able to get it working. There are no issues on my laptop, no contacts are shown. But my phone is driving me insane. I just cannot delete search suggestions from To.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Pretty sure that I never made it stop, mostly because it doesn't really bother me much because I don't have a ton of contacts with e-mail addresses.

Also, it may take me a bit, because I am moving and I just got a new phone and am experimenting with deGoogling the device.

And my job sucks, too.
    Lol, life sucks at the moment.

ocnbrze likes this.

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs