• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting stock apps?

As the tittle said. Is there a way to delet Sprint apps and original apps that came with the phone??

Well if you read the previous posts, while not fully descriptive, they did answer. You need to have the phone rooted to be able to remove the stock apps. The only way you can do that however is by running a custom rom with the apps not installed.

Upvote 0
Well if you read the previous posts, while not fully descriptive, they did answer. You need to have the phone rooted to be able to remove the stock apps. The only way you can do that however is by running a custom rom with the apps not installed.

i see, i'm not a tech savvy person so if i root the phone i might mess it up or something like that.....

Upvote 0
i see, i'm not a tech savvy person so if i root the phone i might mess it up or something like that.....

I hear you on that, I'm reading about how to do it, I've managed to use the Unrevoked root method, but thats as simple as downloading an app and hitting the button. However it's not the same as using the toast method which enables you to use custom roms, which enables you to remove the sprint bloatware.

Upvote 0
As annoying as the apps are, they don't hurt anything. As long as you don't use any widget or app that causes them to run then they are just taking up a tiny bit of space. Your options are to take control of your device or to suck it up :) I will probably wait until people have been poking around and rooting theirs for a few weeks before I bother rooting mine. So far I've had no pressing need but I know how I get with my phones. One of these days I will get bored and do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones