• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting unwanted mis-spelt words on Handcent

lfcwiggo

Nov 18, 2010
Hi

Does anyone know how to delete unwanted words from handcent or the stock messaging app?

Because of the predictive feature on the phone, I have inadvertently created words (Or whatever you want to call them) that keep popping up. This means I have to select the correct word from those offered.

i.e: Instead of a lower case lol, I'm getting LOL. Plus about another 20-30 odd words too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiggo

Hi

Does anyone know how to delete unwanted words from handcent or the stock messaging app?

Because of the predictive feature on the phone, I have inadvertently created words (Or whatever you want to call them) that keep popping up. This means I have to select the correct word from those offered.

i.e: Instead of a lower case lol, I'm getting LOL. Plus about another 20-30 odd words too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiggo

Hiya Wiggo!

On your home screen "menu=>settings=>language & keyboard settings=>user dictionary" and delete the words you don't want.

Hope that sorts it!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones