• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting videos dont give me my space back...

maraxion

Jan 4, 2014
Hello.
I have an Cube running Android 4.1.1.
For a couple of weeks Iv been using the app airdroid to move movies to the tablet and hooking it up to my tv with a HDMI cable since my other mediaplayer is dead.
This is ok and every time I put a new file in offcource the space is lessened. But the strange part is when I go to the same folder and delete the file, or in the video program and delete the file I still dont get the space back...

Airdroid show me this 13GB as SD card and in the menues its called "internal SD". So its not an normal SD card. Under settings its labeled the "nand flash" instead of SD card but same space. The strange thing is that you can see that I use a bit over 1gb for apps,pictures and movies and then a huge grayed out field is left(aprox 11Gb). This grey field is called "avalible" but its only 2,67gb. This is the correct size when all the movies are on it, but iv deleted them all! If i move another movie over it wil lessen the space, and even after deleting it it wil stay the same... So im running out of space, but im not using it!

Any ideas?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones