1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deleting whatsapp account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Frekigeri, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Frekigeri

Frekigeri Newbie

This isn't a duplicate post , my last post wasn't really answered. There seemed to be confusion with the.account and the app.
    I have logged into whatsapp on a new device , I then added my phone number to the whatsapp app on new device.
    I then deleted my account - so will this now remove all data , messages , back ups ect from my old device ?
    My old device may not have battery life or be offline would that matter , or will data still be wiped clean ?
    I can then change my number and set a fresh account up on my new device ?
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Yes and yes as Danny mentioned above.

And if you had WA scheduled to be backed up to the storage cloud, that should still be wherever you backed it up, if you want it.

4. Frekigeri

Frekigeri Newbie

Thank you

Steven58 and Dannydet like this.
  5. Frekigeri

Frekigeri Newbie

So even if I have cancelled the sim and the phone is switched off it should still wipe all WA data from my old device ?
    Local storage on my device ( the 7 day back ups ) will they go aswell ?

6. Frekigeri

Frekigeri Newbie

I've had a few responses of this thread ,I have also looked at another thread , it's a little confusing as some say it will delete and remove all data with device switched off and some say it will only delete and remove with device switched on ?
    If the device is off ( offline as no data connection or WIFI ) then when it does receive a signal will that trigger a response to delete and remove data I. E local back ups ect

angelikakock likes this.

WhatsApp

WhatsApp Forum

com.yowhatsapp

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs