1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delivery Reports for Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trooper, May 24, 2010.

1. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Hi folks,

I'm curious on this one. On my old Voyager I was able to get delivery reports with a check mark in my sent items folder, so I knew if my tm went through.

Today I was told that someone was not getting my texts, which was a problem on there end, since I was able to send and receive to others without issue.

So I was curious, and found a setting in the stock messaging app to enable delivery reports. It works, however it just displays a little envelope with a green exclamation point in it.

This is cool and all, however I get that same icon for both successful deliveries and to ones that show up as "Pending" when I view the report.

So I was wondering if this is normal for Android phones, or if there is an app I can use to get a better icon/report for delivered texts.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Messages > Menu > Settings > Delivery Reports (check or uncheck)

oops, I didn't read well enough to understand your question. Anyhow thats where the setting is which I'm sure you already figured out.

3. wkd1

wkd1 Member

I use Handcent and get a true confirmation check mark when they open the message... but only if they are also a Verizon customer I believe. Otherwise I think you just get a 'sent' icon when it clears the network.

4. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Yeah its just strange that it does that. I don't want to use Handcent so if anyone knows of any other apps I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

5. alison03

alison03 Android Enthusiast

I'm curious about this too.

6. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Android Enthusiast

Do delivery reports cost extra per text? I've heard that they do on certain carriers and I couldn't find anything about Verizon. Thanks in advance

7. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member

where is the setting for this? i thought ive seen it before, but cant find it now.

8. hakoreh

hakoreh Member

I've used Handcent for a awhile and I've never ever seen a check mark anywhere? or an option for?

9. jazztalker

The website says in a recent update that this feature was added:

10. jamor

jamor Android Expert

Someone test it to an ATT friend and let me know if you get a confirmation report.

11. wkd1

wkd1 Member

Just a blue 'pending' notification, not a green check mark.

12. jazztalker

I've only ever had these work on old (dumb) phones when you text another VZW customer.

13. eipee73

eipee73 Android Enthusiast

There is no additional fee on Verizon as far as I know. I have unlimited messaging, but like I said, even with a lower txt/pix package it should still be a free feature.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews