1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dell Venue 7 SD Card Not Working

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by tr3d1nt, Jan 6, 2014.

1. tr3d1nt

tr3d1nt Guest
    None
    Recently I bought a dell venue 7 16GB. And also i got a brand new micro sd card for it. Since im new to android i thought that when my internal memory runs out the OS well start moving stuff to the sd card, but it didnt so i tried to do it manually. I looked at some tutorials on how to do it and all said that you should have a "move to sd card" feature when you go to settings>apps and choose an app you want to move to sd card. But the "move to sd card" was not there so i looked at some other tutorials for 4.2.2 JB android and some tutorials said u need an app to do it so i got "app 2 sd" and that did not work it gave me an error saying " The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated" confused i went to techage and followed the tutorial there and it still did not work! So can someone tell me how i can get "move to sd card" or is my tablet broken or is the SD cards fault?

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try Link2SD. The primary "external"storage now isn't the SD card, it's an emulated "SD card" in internal memory. If the app can only move to primary external storage it's not going to work with Android 4.x.

3. Tr3d1nt

Tr3d1nt Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2014
    Can you explain to me what you mean by "emulated storage" i have been wondering what that means, also i tried link2sd but il give it another go.

4. BeardedFox2u

BeardedFox2u Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2014
    I am having the same problem with my Dell Venue 7. Can someone dumb it down a bit for a layman like me?