• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

deminsions of the extended battery?

anyone know if the extended batt is thicker...if so how much?

none have been released yet... After market companies haven't had time.

the Verizon accessories package floating around these forums listed one "available after launch" that included a new back plate so I assume at least that one is big enough to need a new plate think it was 2100mah

Upvote 0
none have been released yet... After market companies haven't had time.

the Verizon accessories package floating around these forums listed one "available after launch" that included a new back plate so I assume at least that one is big enough to need a new plate think it was 2100mah

the extended (2150mAh) battery should be available at launch. it wasn't listed as "post launch" like some other accessories were...but you're right,since it's w/door it will be thicker.i guess the real question is how much. with added thickness i will probably take my usual option... carry a spare standard battery.

Upvote 0
the extended (2150mAh) battery should be available at launch. it wasn't listed as "post launch" like some other accessories were...but you're right,since it's w/door it will be thicker.i guess the real question is how much. with added thickness i will probably take my usual option... carry a spare standard battery.

yeah, I'll probably wait a few weeks or a month and see what comes out...

A couple people were talking about a company "seido" (I think) that makes high density ones that fit in the normal slots for phones.

supposedly they make a 1600mah for the Eris that fits in the standard compartment. (Eris has a 1300mah standard)

Upvote 0
yeah, I'll probably wait a few weeks or a month and see what comes out...

A couple people were talking about a company "seido" (I think) that makes high density ones that fit in the normal slots for phones.

supposedly they make a 1600mah for the Eris that fits in the standard compartment. (Eris has a 1300mah standard)

It's actually a 1750mah battery and is the same size as the OEM stock Eris battery. It bumps up the battery life pretty well, but it ain't cheap :( Was still worth it to me though. Seido makes great batteries

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones