1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Demo Games Deletion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beenthere, Apr 24, 2011.

1. beenthere

beenthere Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to getting the demo games removed from my(orange) galaxy apollo(i5801). If you could make it as basic as possible that would be great. Also talked to a samsung rep who said froyo was due about 2nd week in may. Fingers crossed eh .:)

Advertisement

2. barqers

barqers Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    First use SuperOneClick to root your phone, then install root explorer and go to /system/app/ and delete the correct apks.

3. minh_p

minh_p Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    I have checked that root explorer is a paid application which is never preferable. But if I root the phone to delete those preinstalled demo games and some apps, could I put the phone back to its normal state without the games i.e. unrooted? Were there any problem that may happen?

4. minh_p

minh_p Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Solution: Select Samsung I5800 (I5801 in this category) after created an account with your disposable email address on FW Android - www.SamFirmware.com

Following the instruction. I tried and prefered baseband version "I5801ZHJP3" Froyo 2.2 (Hong Kong). You can choose the European one if you want. I think it more stable; just change language to English UK or US. Waala! No Orange preinstalled thingies though the phone stills network locked. No need to root also. A bit faster. :)