• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Denied: Google

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Google wanted to trademark the name Nexus One but have just been DENIED by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Apparently the name is too close to an Oregon-based company’s product: their company is called Integra Telecom and the product is called Nexus, offering T1 data connectivity for businesses.OregonLive.com caught up with an Integra [...]

More...

That group uses "Nexus" as their service name. Not "Nexus One"... Maybe I'm too clever of a consumer, but I can't see how T1 service called "Nexus" is anything like a phone product from Google called the "Nexus One". The USPTO are a bunch of dummies.

And heck, Cisco uses a switch called the Nexus. And I know of an IT service company called Nexus. It's not an uncommon word.

See: Integrated T1 Service
"Your choice - Integra offers both dynamic (Novus

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones