• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodex Problem - mount: Device or resource Busy

g3on3o

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
Droid X - 2.2 - Rooted

Attempting to deodex, followed the instructions exactly on this thread (http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...w-manually-deodex-your-phone.html#post1477490) but on my last step when entering "mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" I get the following response from cmd prompt, "mount: Device or resource busy"

The OP said I should try placing the phone in Charge Only mode or whatever it's called, as opposed to USB Mass Storage, just tried that and again, same message.

If no ideas how to fix this, does anyone at least know what to do so that when I reboot I won't have to do a Nandroid restore? It's getting really annoying going on the 3rd or 4th time

Thought I'd get more assistance posting here than IN the actual thread... Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones