• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root deodex'd.... or am I????

MoFunk

May 12, 2010
I am a noob to android so I hope this all comes out right, but I have a weird question..... how do I tell if I am deodex'd for sure.

So I am on the Froyo OTA and I rooted my phone (can't find the thread I used for that). I then started with titanium backup, got that bootstrapper and did a full backup and then tried to deodex my phone from this link (xUltimate). I kept getting errors on one of the steps and ran their little utility called Test.exe and it said my phone was already deodexed. So I thought maybe that happened when I rooted the phone. I then went to try install a theme that I liked, but I got an error so I had to recover. So I tried another one that was supposed to just make the top bar dark, had to recover. I then installed this one and it worked thought the text on the bar is not white and in the thread someone else had the same issue and was told that their phone is not deodex'd. So I guess my basic question is how can I tell if I am or not?

Thanks.

I am trying to Deodex my X and this is what I get on the test. I have the new OTA update to the new .340 version. After I press enter at the end of this I get deodex = failed and redex = skip. I have done this about 5 times with the same result. What could be wrong? One thing, I never get the guava.odex file it says to delete. I have looked everywhere and it isn't there. Also I have CW recovery installed as well. The process also goes through without a single error. Which is weird maybe?
-Windows x86-
* adb = PASS! *
* odex = PASS! *
* zip = PASS! *
* busybox = PASS! *
* java = PASS! *
* temp = PASS! *
* deodex = *
* redex = *

Error occured while loading boot class path files. Aborting.
org.jf.dexlib.Util.ExceptionWithContext: Cannot locate boot class path file core
.odex
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.loadBootClassPath(ClassPath.jav
a:237)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.initClassPath(ClassPath.java:14
5)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.InitializeClassPathFromOdex(Cla
ssPath.java:110)
at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleDexFile(baksmali.java:96)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:278)

Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones