1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deodexed .595 running like crap ROUND 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UnLucky, May 23, 2011.

1. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

So the issue this time around is lag. When I turn the volume up, end a call, task kill, ANYTHING where you get a 'system' style notification ie volume bar shows you the level, task killer shows you how much ram, end a call shows call time.. it takes FOREVER to show up.. It's not an instant notification.. I'll be doing something else 4 minutes after a call ends and it will pop up saying 'call time 0:45' The next issue is memory.. from the screenshot you can see that i only ever have about 90 free no matter what I do.

[​IMG]

Save me again or I'll SBF and run Apex where I had zero problems.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

if you are having this many problems i would honestly run apex, it seems that your phone doesnt like the .595

also could it be the task killer that is causing all these issues?

try uninstallinig it and see how your phone operates after that

3. Steven58

My thoughts exactly.

4. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

Everyone says this but I hardly use it.. it's just there for emergencies. Would simply having an app exist on a phone make it run like this?

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Seems like it would be worth a try. Uninstall it and see if things improve. If not, then you have at least eliminated that as a cause.

6. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I'm sure there are still some apps that don't like the .595 build yet. Could you post your app list so we can see what you are running? Others may be able to give you advice on what runs and doesn't run right. I would also suggest removing the app killer.

A lot of us noobs like me have come to learn the DX is a lot like a computer, after all, it does have a pc based OS running it. If something isn't quite compatible, it's gonna make it run like crap.

7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

it makes it run like crap only if the app is running, but i dont think there are many apps that do not like gb, though i could be wrong

8. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I guess it would all depend on how well your particular phone reacts to an app. I was told a photo app called camera zoom fx was a great app. I put it in and it crashed my phone.....lol. It cause my phone to act much like the OP described.

9. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

It's been removed almost all day and I haven't seen any changes.

10. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Have you cleared all your cache? menu/settings/applications/manage applicatins/ALL pplications. Then menu/sort by size. Go thru from top to bottom and clrear cache on each app. DO NOT clear Data. Beyond that, I do not know what else for you to try.

11. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

Android Assistant has a cache cleaner that I use.

12. bpl0477

bpl0477 Lurker

Hello, to start off I am new to all of this. I downloaded the fab apex and tried to install it but it did not work. I watch the video posted and followed directions. It bricked my phone. When I would turn it on after install it would just say GOOGLE on screen. I was able to unbrick and recover to original os. I have a Droid2 - system version 2.3.20.a955 - droid 2.2. Any ideas om what I may of did wrong, and can you advise me on how to get this to work?

13. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

you know you're posting in the Droid X forum right?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews