• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodexed .595 running like crap ROUND 2

UnLucky

May 15, 2010
So the issue this time around is lag. When I turn the volume up, end a call, task kill, ANYTHING where you get a 'system' style notification ie volume bar shows you the level, task killer shows you how much ram, end a call shows call time.. it takes FOREVER to show up.. It's not an instant notification.. I'll be doing something else 4 minutes after a call ends and it will pop up saying 'call time 0:45' The next issue is memory.. from the screenshot you can see that i only ever have about 90 free no matter what I do.

dol6hj.jpg

Save me again or I'll SBF and run Apex where I had zero problems.

I'm sure there are still some apps that don't like the .595 build yet. Could you post your app list so we can see what you are running? Others may be able to give you advice on what runs and doesn't run right. I would also suggest removing the app killer.

A lot of us noobs like me have come to learn the DX is a lot like a computer, after all, it does have a pc based OS running it. If something isn't quite compatible, it's gonna make it run like crap.

Upvote 0
Hello, to start off I am new to all of this. I downloaded the fab apex and tried to install it but it did not work. I watch the video posted and followed directions. It bricked my phone. When I would turn it on after install it would just say GOOGLE on screen. I was able to unbrick and recover to original os. I have a Droid2 - system version 2.3.20.a955 - droid 2.2. Any ideas om what I may of did wrong, and can you advise me on how to get this to work?

Upvote 0
Hello, to start off I am new to all of this. I downloaded the fab apex and tried to install it but it did not work. I watch the video posted and followed directions. It bricked my phone. When I would turn it on after install it would just say GOOGLE on screen. I was able to unbrick and recover to original os. I have a Droid2 - system version 2.3.20.a955 - droid 2.2. Any ideas om what I may of did wrong, and can you advise me on how to get this to work?

you know you're posting in the Droid X forum right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones