• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodexed Element Series Rom

Popped up in Rom manager... Anyone using it? What's different on it? Gota turn off lagfix? Just curious what it's all about. Nice to see Roms starting to pop up for our SF's finally!:D

deodexed is on the 3rd (i believe) version of the rom, its been posted both at his site deodexed and xda. its fast but it may or may not be for you.

heres the xda link to read the changelog (always a best practice imo)

[UPDATED ROM RELEASE] Zinc V2.1.2 Fascinate Rom (A Deodexed Elements Series Release) - xda-developers

Upvote 0
I'm on the Zinc V2.1.2, it's very fast..the lag fixes were cool but this made the biggest effect on speed. I flashed it through rom manager, sadly I didn't know I had to sync up my Google contacts that I created before doing so -- I kinda assumed it was being synced automatically.

do you mean sync them after you loaded the rom? as in you wiped data and then skipped it on first boot? if so settings-->accounts and sync-->add account and link your google account back and your calendar and contacst should be fine.

Upvote 0
do you mean sync them after you loaded the rom? as in you wiped data and then skipped it on first boot? if so settings-->accounts and sync-->add account and link your google account back and your calendar and contacst should be fine.

No, sadly I added like 30 or so contacts, but didn't sync them (with Gmail) before flashing this rom. So I ended up loosing them. Its fine though it's just my work phone so the contacts are also stored on my iPhone.

Upvote 0
No, sadly I added like 30 or so contacts, but didn't sync them (with Gmail) before flashing this rom. So I ended up loosing them. Its fine though it's just my work phone so the contacts are also stored on my iPhone.

Oh ok. Just going forward it d probably be a best practice when making a contact to just make them a Google contact from the start. Also you can save all of your contacts on ur sdcard by menu - more - import/export

Upvote 0
I actually did make all my contacts Google contacts, I just never synced them with Google before flashing the rom.

how did they not sync? did you manually unlink contacts to google in your account settings? otherwise they automatically upload to googles servers when you make a change....at least thats what theyve always done for me and is my understanding of how it works? :eek:

im not doubting it happened to you...just curious thats all :eek:

Upvote 0
how did they not sync? did you manually unlink contacts to google in your account settings? otherwise they automatically upload to googles servers when you make a change....at least thats what theyve always done for me and is my understanding of how it works? :eek:

im not doubting it happened to you...just curious thats all :eek:

I'm not sure if I turned off an "autosync" setting. But i for know from now on i will manually make sure that they are synced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones