• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodexed GingerBread 4.5.588

I am on this patch, complete with "Easter Egg" but at this point I CANNOT recommend it. Some blur does not work right, namely contact widgets and stuff. I'm not impressed. P3 tweeted that he has a possible fix coming.

Agreed. I went straight to the deodexed version so I can't compare it to odexed but it is full of little bugs. Several of my apps will not work / load.

Not as nice as the first leak.

Do like the Easter Egg!

Upvote 0
someone on mdw posted that there is another deodex zip on droid forums other than tbh but he could not link it for some reason, and states that after using that version tweetdeck is not broken and all is good , i have not confirmed or looked just thought i would give you guys a heads up

I have looked, but have not been able to find it yet.

I made a back-up right after I loaded the new leak, so I have gone back to that and am now restoring my data from the first leak. TBH deodex just broke too many things for me and I did not create a back-up before I loaded that. I will not do that again!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones