• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DEODEXING error. Has anyone seen this one?

Tried to manually deodex my phone today....after getting an error and having to install java se i thought everything was good...then i got a different error on step 4....

Starting framework.odex

* Deodexing...
* Redexing...
out\com\skyhookwireless\wps\IXpsService$Stub.smali [0,0] null
*Processing...
The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to continue...

ive searched lots of forums and havent seen anyone with this error...does anyone know what it means or what i can do to fix it....what the hell is skyhook wireless..i dont want to use the easy deodex method from 928DROID i would rather do it manually and i do not want the black glass theme..i would really appreciate any info that can help me get this resolved..thanks

hm i guess ill change the question....i switched my connection to Windows Media Sync and it just ran step 4 through fine all the way.....the directions dont mention whice mode and all the forums i have read have the same instructions and whenever people ask that question there is different answers....some say usb mode and then pc mode once u get to the adb stuff...some say pc mode the whole time...steps 1, 2, and 3 all ran fine in either pc mode or usb mass storage....so does anyone know the actual right way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones