1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deodexing + Liberty 1.5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matt.burns21, Feb 12, 2011.

1. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Newbie

So I am running Froyo 2.3.340 on my DROID X, and plan on installing Liberty 1.5 as my first custom rom and was curious if I needed to manually deodex my phone before I flash that ROM onto my phone? Ive looked for a good amount of time for an answer to this and havent been able to find one anywhere. Thank you ahead of time for answering my question!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

no ,,,,upon installation of the rom it will deodex for you ,,no need to worry my friend ,flash the rom and go:D

excellent question though ,,,,keep asking ,it helps us both learn!!!

jlewis74 and matt.burns21 like this.
  3. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Newbie

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to doing this once I get home tomorrow and can download the zip onto my computer, then sdcard!

4. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

i also prefer to download from my computer and dont always encourage flashing roms on the fly(if something goes wrong your not near a computer to flash an sbf etc)but you always download it to your sd card from your phones browser(stock browser wont always work for some reason)and then flash it ,,,if you use this method it will be in the download/ folder on your sd card

5. jlewis74

jlewis74 Well-Known Member

I downloaded in with my phone on my wifi connection. Headed out with the wife but will install Liberty 1.5 when I get back later.

6. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

yeah you better pay more attention to the wife lol,,,i ususally get the evil eye lol

7. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Newbie

Yeah I know what you mean about it not working all the time. I tried downloading liberty twice yesterday and got a "download unsuccessful" message both times.. so computer downloading it is. I'm rooted, backed up and was going to try to just flash it from my phone but the default browser didn't want me to. I've tried Dolphin HD browser before.. might go back to that if the stock one keeps pissing me off. ;)

8. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I hope you've backed up your stock rom and installed a backup program like Titanium (menu button... backup all apps + data) and have created at least one backup of each.

9. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Newbie

Yup, I got the bootstrapper, rom manager, titanium. And I'm good to go and just need to make the jump. The deodexing question at the top was the last hesitation I had.

10. BH3

BH3 Newbie

if you're seeing the "download unsuccessful" message, make sure your application setting for unknown sources is checked off. if it's not checked, it won't load.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews