1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General design 4g boost to tmobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pwd847, Jan 2, 2013.

1. pwd847

pwd847 Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Male
    Chicsgo, IL
    so i just unlocked and rooted the design 4g. It gave me some message that world mode doesn't work in the USA or something like that. My goal is to flash a evo design 4g from boost to tmobile so i can just put my simcard in the phone and make calls. Is this possible???

Advertisement

2. pwd847

pwd847 Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Male
    Chicsgo, IL
    just a simple yes or no will do fine. I don't need a whole explanation.

3. jackbquick123

jackbquick123 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I'm thinking no until we can unlock that part of the phone besides this phone is set up for wimax 4g and not the lte that t mobile uses.

4. SuspendedFate

SuspendedFate Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Male
    Student - Computer Science
    T-Mobile doesn't do 4G LTE at all, they do plain 'ole 4G. But I'm not sure if it's possible to change this phone over to T-Mobile and even so if their 4G will work with this phone. I believe I read the phone needs S-Off to do it, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

5. jackbquick123

Oct 1, 2011

I just went and looked at T-mobile site and yes it is lte 4g and yes our phones still has s-on because no one has been able to achieve s-off yet.
    That is the part of our phone I was referring to as being locked.

This phone is wimax 4g so I really don't think it will work with t-mobile but one of the devs might can tell you a way.

6. SuspendedFate

SuspendedFate Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Male
    Student - Computer Science
    It'd love to see where their site says they have 4G LTE.
    T-Mobile's network is HSPA+, not LTE.
    Support: 4G Overview

Q&A with Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer of T-Mobile talking about their plans to roll-out LTE sometime this year (2013):
    T-Mobile Expands 4G Network to New Cities | Issues & Insights Blog

That said, while the HTC EVO Design 4G is a world phone and supports many of the networks(CDMA dual-band EVDO + WiMAX + HSPA/UMTS and GSM/GPRS/EDGE network), it's not listed to support HSPA+ which is what T-Mobiles 4G network is.

7. jackbquick123

Oct 1, 2011
    Ok cool not gonna waste time. S-on will not let you use Sims unless you leave the country. Have a great day.

I looked up what you were saying and you were right but I did go today and look at there site and it did say lte so maybe they are starting to launch it now.