• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

design 4g boost to tmobile

T-Mobile doesn't do 4G LTE at all, they do plain 'ole 4G. But I'm not sure if it's possible to change this phone over to T-Mobile and even so if their 4G will work with this phone. I believe I read the phone needs S-Off to do it, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

I just went and looked at T-mobile site and yes it is lte 4g and yes our phones still has s-on because no one has been able to achieve s-off yet.
That is the part of our phone I was referring to as being locked.

This phone is wimax 4g so I really don't think it will work with t-mobile but one of the devs might can tell you a way.

Upvote 0
I just went and looked at T-mobile site and yes it is lte 4g and yes our phones still has s-on because no one has been able to achieve s-off yet.
That is the part of our phone I was referring to as being locked.

This phone is wimax 4g so I really don't think it will work with t-mobile but one of the devs might can tell you a way.

It'd love to see where their site says they have 4G LTE.
T-Mobile's network is HSPA+, not LTE.
Support: 4G Overview

Q&A with Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer of T-Mobile talking about their plans to roll-out LTE sometime this year (2013):
T-Mobile Expands 4G Network to New Cities | Issues & Insights Blog

That said, while the HTC EVO Design 4G is a world phone and supports many of the networks(CDMA dual-band EVDO + WiMAX + HSPA/UMTS and GSM/GPRS/EDGE network), it's not listed to support HSPA+ which is what T-Mobiles 4G network is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones