1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Design Principles workshop in Europe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ginnybrighton, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ginnybrighton

ginnybrighton New Member

Aug 10, 2010
    :eek:Hey all,

Im new to android and pretty much new to mobile web development. I have the basics covered such as remember you have a limited screen real estate, users hate scrolling, keep everything uniform etc but now im looking for something a bit more advanced.

Basically, some graphics designer - know it all - shot my interface down because I only have a computer science background :thinking:. I am working on a project where the user interface is paramount and I need to get the basic layout of the screen agreed upon before I can move ahead and develop in java/android.

I know i didnt go to art school/graphics design school but I have successfully ran a web design business for the past year before returning to college to do a phd. Now, I just want to design a functional user interface that does not contravene all design principles for the mobile web.

If there was a crash course/mobile design principles workshop on anywhere in europe in the next month or so I would love to attend. Or if anyone knows of a place I could go to get help regarding what widgets can get placed where on the screen and why, I would be most grateful.

I have already had a few meetings with the other people in my group and we all know what we want to be displayed in the application. Now, I just want to know if these things are actually allowed to be displayed or does our interface prototype suck :(

Thanks a mill

Advertisement