1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Designer Evo cases?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FXB_evo, May 18, 2011.

1. FXB_evo

FXB_evo Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Chicago
    Oh hey. I'm new! Just got the Evo 4g(first android phone, still learning), and I'm paranoid I'll kill it real fast. Joined the forums for some advice on cases and its been a great help BUT - the cases are all really "sporty" and focus too much on function and not enough on form. I'd like a case that's sleek and interesting and well designed, too...

Stuff like this Speck case with the fabric back, or these neat-o Monsta cases or the iPhone 4 Quartet Cases by Case-Mate on Case-mate.com.

The iPhone gets all the good stuff... Where's the distinctive, artsy, mod, limited edition, artist-collaborative, fun stuff for the Evo? SOMEBODY'S got to have something. How to find it?

Advertisement

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    I saw more "designer" EVO cases in a mall kiosk than I saw online. Of course, my wife was buying one for her EVO and that is where I saw them.

3. FXB_evo

FXB_evo Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Chicago
    Really? The Mall? I'd think the mall would just be full of Ed Hardy-printed snap on cases and neon-colored chunky silicon cases... Like most of my searches are pulling up.

4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    The iPhone is easier to design for because, IMHO, the sizes of the different models are fairly uniform. Makes it easier to splurge if you tend to stick with iPhones.

When you add in the sales and potential return on investment, it makes sense that more case designers would go for iPhone accessory development.

5. FXB_evo

FXB_evo Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Chicago
    Yeah I get it. Makes sense. But I thought there'd be maybe some little hidden gem of unique, functional and lovely cases like the ones I linked available for phones other than the iPhone. Because my Evo is awesome and it deserves to be properly encased!

Tags: