1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desire always on speaker phone..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by igor420, Jun 21, 2010.

1. abhishek77777

abhishek77777 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Hi,

I too am facing this issue but without the Car Mode thing , have moved to the default ROM but still the issue continues , removed the battery too and the power thing too still no resolution !

Advertisement

2. rathinam

rathinam Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    I too had my desire a few days now with the same problem with it.
    Every time i make a phone call or accept a phone call the phone will switch to speaker phone. This happens before i put the phone up to my ear so it is not my face that is turning on speaker phone. If i hold the phone in my hand and dial a number and press call, it goes to speaker phone. If the phone rings and i answer it, it will always go straight to speak phone.

if you had the answer will u pls share me.
    rathinam
    rathinam.sunderaj@utiitsl.com

gleneaskey likes this.
  3. Lifka

Lifka Lurker
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    hey everybody,
    the problem you mention started happening to me 2 days ago. I fiddled around with the USB port, tried reseating the SIM card, taking out battery, charging - nothing helped. The car icon pops up every now and then, but I can just swithc it off. My biggest problem is that everytime I call or receive calls the phone jumps to speaker mode.

I was already pissed off thinking I will have to go through the whole warranty claim procedure, but today I found a work-around. i downloaded an app from the market called "speaker" (it's free) and this managed to turn the bloody thing off forever, hopefully. now it works. I haven't restarted my phone yet, but I will let you know if it still works.

In any case, it is NOT a hardware problem. at least not for me.

Hope to have helped you out!

cheers!

4. gleneaskey

gleneaskey Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Thank you Victorc, it was doing my head in too but re inserting the battery worked for me. I had updated the software to Android 2.3.5 Yesterday and wondered if that caused it, I had also replaced the original battery a few days ago for a 1600mAh.

5. dannydanny

dannydanny Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Hi guys, I had the same problem, seems different people has different solution and they worked, well I fixed mine with the very simple step, I don't know if it helps but u may give it a try.

To solve the Only-On-HTC stupid loudspeaker problem, I went to Menu>Dock>Setting, and disable the "Auto launch" option, then the annoying loudspeaker issue is solved.

Mine is Incredible S, running on o.s version 3.2.5, not rooted. Hope it help u guys out.

drewboyaus likes this.
  6. Cashius

Cashius Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2012
    Switching the phone off then taking the battery, replacing the battery then switching the phone back on again worked for me.

7. Ivo0

Ivo0 Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2012
    All the solutions given above do not work for my HTC (desire S). I accepted the fact that I've to switch off the speaker every time when I call or get called.
    After I accepted this annoying bug the next problem occured. My navigation (app) activates itself all the time (not google maps but the app with the blue arrow).
    I tought something was wrong with my settings but it isn't. Two roommates have the same phone but they don't have any problems with it.
    It starts to get really annoying because it takes the app about 5 seconds to start and then i have to activate GPS before i can close the app (so in total it takes me 10 seconds to just activate my screen and see what time it is or what message I received).
    I tried everything: take the battery out, do a total reset to factory settings, nothing works.
    I also tried to delete the App, but thats not possible because its integrated in the phone. You can almost delete every app but you cant delete the 'Navigation' app.
    Does anybody have any hints or suggestions to delete the program or to find a solution? I'll be very thankfull.
    I don't care to delete the app because I can always still use google maps for navigation.
    (my englisch isn't very good, so please ignore the little translation mistakes i made)

8. drewboyaus

drewboyaus Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    Thanks dannydanny......your solution seems to have worked for my Incredible s....mine just had a firmware update and the desk docking screen or GPS car docking screen would randomly start (together with the speakerphone issue) when I plugged something into the USB slot....I remember on an earlier version of the firmware there was a "car dock" option I had that never worked because I have a non-factory car dock...but I think I must have left the setting checked.......
    It was driving me nuts trying to find where that "car dock" setting was located as it has gone from the upgraded HTC sense. It seems that it is a general docking function.
    It looks like you might have saved me from a factory restore!
    Cheers.:)

9. drewboyaus

drewboyaus Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    Unfortunately it has not worked.....just started doing it again when I plugged my USB cable to the laptop........I think I'm going to take the plunge and do a factory reset.
    I've tried the battery thing, I've tried the link thing........

10. touk0

touk0 Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2012
    Hi all

In my HTC Desire HD had the same annoying problem, the navigation went constanly on and when you made the call the speaker turned on. I tried everything: Reseting, taking battery off, taking the SIM-card off etc.

Then I tried to downloaded application called Car Dock Settings (from Android Market) and unchecked all the tags from the app and....:eek:problem solved, no more speaker calls and no more navigation app starting by it own, BUYA!:)

I hope this work for You too

(Sorry about my english)

Ross66 likes this.
  11. Ross66

Ross66 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks touk0

I have a HTC Desire S and the same things were happening to me - Navigation was staying on and phone was constantly going to speaker phone. To be fair, a simple battery removal solved both problems for me. However, I have downloaded the free app (Car Dock Settings) for the next time it occurs !!

Thanks to all suggestions on this thread.

12. santoshsc

santoshsc Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2012
    Hi,

I had the same problem where the speaker phone turns on automatically while making a call. It was just because the Navigation map icon on the notification bar. I was able to do the below either of the two ways which worked for me.
    1. As said by other shut-down your mobile, remove battery and restart. else
    2. Turn on your mobile GPS not required you have to be connected to internet. Go to the Navigation map icon and click agree and thne it will ask to buy a license then click cancel which will close the app and the Navigation map disappears from the notification bar.
    Later I checked it by calling a number and its worked fine. The speaker phone doesn't turns on.

13. topgazza

topgazza Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    UK
    Tried all that speaker still comes on when I make a call and Navigation Icon is at the top of the screen when I don't want it.

Think I'll go Apple...fed up with this as I had a working phone before upgrading the firmware...now its an irritating device

Oh and it also takes 40 seconds to load which is a joke.....

14. haritak

haritak Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2012
    In my case, uninistalling auto call recorder solved the problem.

Then I reinstalled just to check its options. It has an option "Auto Speaker" which was disabled. Perhaps, I had enabled this option before ?

Anyway, it looks ok now.

15. interceptor16

interceptor16 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2012
    Hi People,

I am facing this particular issue on my HTC Desire S since last 2 days. I tried everything mentioned on this page and also tried factory reset... but sadly none of it seems to be working and the calls are still being routed to loudspeaker !!!

Can someone please help

16. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Tried you yet 'Dock No-Op' from Play Store?

Harry

17. interceptor16

interceptor16 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2012
    tried it just now ... doesnt seem to help :(
    the speaker is still getting ON while receiving or making a call ...

is it something to do with the USB port?

18. Smarty Party

Smarty Party Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Hi all,

I solved it!!

I had this exact same problems for weeks. Locations kept opening AND speaker always on. It was driving me mad. I tried all the other things suggested on the forums. Cleared out data folder. Took out battery. installed some map switching app. Fail. Fail. Fail.

Eventually I discovered it was simply caused by a dirty USB/charging slot. If some dirt is touching certain two pins the phone thinks you have plugged in a car charger and triggers Sat Nav/speaker. The solution is to just carfully scrape out the slot using a pin. Mine LOOKED clean but in fact had about 2mm of compacted grime/pocket fluff which was shorting out the connections.

Haven't had any problems since. Phone back to normal.

YAY!

interceptor16 likes this.
  19. interceptor16

interceptor16 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2012
    Thanks man .... I too tried to do it with full frustration and anger and instead of a pin, i inserted a thin pair of scissors and tried to clean. Was really desperate :mad:

Since past three days, the GPS/Location app would automatically launch itself every now and then and would drive me mad and not to mention the speaker getting automatically on (since last 1 month :( ) .... that had become a way of my life- everytime i recev a call or make a call, had to switch it off manually and it had become a habit :(

had tried all the apps, formatted the phone to factory settings 4 times in 20 days and what not.... but nothing helped.

Today after closing the location app for the 50th time :( went bonkers and tried cleaning the USB charging slot very violently with a pair of thin scissors. In the process, I could see the car dock and navigation app getting on by itself. after clearing, closed the dock mode and made a call to a friend and since i had a habit of manually switching the speaker off since last 1month, was waiting for the speaker to get on.. but it didn't :):):):):)

Tried 4-5 more times and woilaaa .... the long forlorn problem was gone :)

Thanks a lot buddy ...:D

aiyaz_23 likes this.
  20. aiyaz_23

aiyaz_23 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2012
    Software Engineer
    Hyderabad
    Thanks...:) it worked for me by restarting the phone by removing battery.

I was very disturbed with the weird behavior of my Phone.

Thanks
    Aiyaz

21. dymebar

dymebar Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2012
    hello just to say I had the same issue.
    I used a toothpick and gently cleaned around the charging port,
    happy to say that seemed to fix the probem.:)

22. minimaloman

minimaloman Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2013
    Male
    Bucharest
    You lucky guys.I tried everything mentioned here,removed the battery, the sim, the card, deleted the navigation folder, all kind of apps and I cleaned the usb port very persistent but the speaker is still on.Navigation stoped popping up but the speaker is anoyng.
    Any other solutions????

23. Mike89

Mike89 Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    The name of this thread is deceiving. I want my phone to be always on speakerphone. Went to this thread because of the name and it is just the opposite of what I want.

24. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The name is fine: this is the Desire Support and Troubleshooting forum, so it's perfectly reasonable for the thread title to describe the problem the OP was having.

25. Mike89

Mike89 Newbie
    None

Jul 31, 2012
    I beg to differ. Do a search (google) for wanting speakerphone to always be on and this thread pops up. "Desire always on speakerphone" looks to be a thread about wanting speakerphone on, not off. Having "Desire" as part of the name of the thread section just throws off the meaning when the word is included in the thread.

Tags: